Saturday 4 January 2014

The 2013 Album Part 3

July to September - a new financial year, a new lens, a new camera, a new idea more visitors, a celebration over East and a wedding in Broome.  There was also a Federal election, but the less said about that the better!

5th July - 2nd anniversary of Black Tuesday.  An opportunity to gather again at 'Black Tank', share some stories, some smiles, some tears, and remember again just how fragile our freedoms are.
Got me a new big lens - let's see
how the moon looks through that.
One of the most enjoyable weddings I have ever attended,
with one of the most deserving and lovely couples - Fi and Kim.

First time taking photos of birds with the new
 lens results in this beautiful brahminy kite.

The sun sets behind a still pool at
Entrance Point.



My brother Carl and his wife Janet visited at the end of July.
Naturally a trip to James Price Point was squeezed in, with a
stop at the community whale watching station at Murdudun
on the way home. 
A reflection on the water near Entrance Point.




A brown booby holds tight to its breakfast.






My Dad, Peter, celebrated his 80th birthday in August with 4 generations of his family.
Trying out the new tripod on the view
from Carl's Pyrmont apartment.








The new camera/lens/tripod combination
got me an even better red-winged parrot picture
 than I could have hoped for!






A different sunset.








A female variegated fairy wren.







A male variegated fairy wren



The Milliya Rumurra crew celebrate a very successful and fun entry in the Shinju Matsuri parade.



Sanderlings are among some of the first migratory
shorebird arrivals, heralding the upcoming
Wet Season.

I believe the expression is 'seminal' - I'm not sure what
prompted me to take this, but the result was so amazing
it set me off on a whole new path.

More evidence of my new fascination with all things at Reddell Beach.


Right place, right time again - a blue-winged kookaburra
 on a street light as I set out on a morning walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment