Saturday 4 January 2014

The 2013 Album Part 1

I thought I would be clever and put together my pick of my best pictures from 2013 - you know, a picture or two from each month to sum up the year.  Well!  When I started going through them and realised just how many I had taken I knew it would be an impossible task.

I've managed to whittle it down to just over 100 photos for the year.  Pictures that I like, or others have liked, or illustrate significant or important events for me during the year.  Some I have posted before, some not, most have been fine-tuned for colour, contrast and tone, but very few have received the full Photoshop treatment.

So here's Part 1 - January to March:

My photographic year starts with a New Year trip to Sydney and the Central Coast to catch up with family and friends, and check out some different wildlife in the backyard.
An ant takes on an orange bronze bug - an interesting analogy
 for the Broome community's battle with government and industry
A bee in Mum's rose garden


An orange bronze bug in all its glory.
  Pity they are not good for the citrus trees.
Dad proudly holds his first great grandchild - Jackson.

I bought an A3 printer this year - this photo of a rainbow lorikeet taken in my sister's backyard was the first picture I printed.
Back to Broome, and a crab says hello on Cable Beach.
While the waves continue with their endless motion.


Textures on Cable Beach - the little pool
always looks to me as if it is a raised surface!

A windswept Cable Beach


A frill-necked lizard waits for a feed
 on a tree outside my office.


Australia Day fireworks at Town Beach
- always a tasteful display.

The Wet Season rolls into February, tourists competing with
migratory shorebirds on Cable Beach

While thunderstorms continue to light the skies over Roebuck Bay.
Wild weather on big tides fill the bay with pindan.

March, and evening walks become a bit gentler.
The colours of sunset take many forms.
Sunset clouds over Reddell Beach,
 to become a favourite location later in the year.
An early attempt at long exposure at sunset.


Meanwhile, the battle rages on.

The first of three elections for the year sees the Greens
 almost win the State seat of Kimberley.
We partied anyway!


Time out on a work trip to Ardyaloon (One Arm Point)
Seagrass monitoring always turns up some beautiful sunrises.

While a pheasant coucal on the back fence is a beautiful surprise.





No comments:

Post a Comment